Singapore’s trendiest nightlife enclave just got hotter with new haunts and attractive promos.
With its repertoire of over 60 bars, clubs and restaurants, Clarke Quay is the undisputed king of nightlife and dining in Singapore. They’ve recently refreshed their bevy of happy hour deals, which last till the end of the year, so you now have even more reasons to visit Clarke Quay for a fun night out (more details on their website). We recommend heading down earlier on a weekday evening to take full advantage of the promos. Here are five picks to get you started.
More Rewards for CapitaStar Members: Download the free CapitaStar app and earn 3X STAR$® when you scan your happy hour receipts at Clarke Quay, Mon-Fri 5-8pm, excluding public holidays.
It’s no exaggeration to say that Crazy Elephant is an institution, considering it’s fast approaching its 23rd anniversary at Clarke Quay. The blues and rock n’ roll bar offers live music nightly, anchored by resident band Luke Buirski & The Blues Machine, who play five nights a week. Come here for the unvarnished and unpretentious vibe, unadulterated rock, and fantastic monthly drink promos.
Block E #01-03. Tel: 6337 7859
- Happy Hour, 5-9pm daily: 20-30% off alcohol bill
- 10% off beer jugs and merchandise with American Express after 9pm
- Check with staff for monthly promos
Irish bar McGettigan’s has it all: live sports, live music (Wed-Sun), great drinks—all enjoyed within a luxe interior. You can also expect more than bar bites from the kitchen, led by Irish executive head chef Derek Flynn. Hearty lunch and dinner options include Irish Stew, Beer-battered Fish and Chips, and Bangers & Mash.
Block A #01-01C/D. Tel: 6837 0577
- Happy Hour (hours here): $10 house drinks
- $25++ burger & pint on Mon after 5pm
- 2-for-1 cocktails on Wed after 7pm
- Ladies Night (Thu): 3 drinks on the House + 25% off food
Tapas bar Talay Thai (‘Thai seafood’) serves fresh catch enhanced with the flavours of Asian herbs and spices. Highlights include Talay Grilled Platter (char-grilled squid, prawns with tamarind glaze, baked oysters with nam jim dressing, mussels and clams tom kha), Tom Yum Lobster Bisque and Spanner Crab Miang Kham (betel leaf wraps). Wash it all down with a specialty Thai-inspired cocktail or an ice-cold pint of beer.
Block E #01-05. Tel: 6337 1838
- $5++ half-pint draught beers, 5-8pm daily
- $10++ full-pint draught beers & selected snacks, after 1am daily
Get Juiced is a new party venue with a technological twist. It’s Singapore’s first cashless, queueless bar, which means all ordering is done through the Get Juiced SG mobile app or web app. Pick your perch among the three rooms—Chill (bar), Dance (club) or Live (band)—put in your order, then wait to be notified for pick-up. Easy peasy. Always dreamt of being a rock star? Get chosen to front the live band (lyrics provided) on Thursdays, application form here.
Block E #02-01. Tel: 6208 7293
- $5 house spirits and draught beer all day, every day
- 25 shooters for $60, 50 shooters for $100
Tang Music Box (堂聚)
We love the fresh and vibrant decor at Tang Music Box, a karaoke joint that offers 25 rooms for parties of three to 40. Upon entering, you are greeted by a mini supermarket with a bountiful selection of quality drinks and snacks, everything from potato chips to wines and spirits. When you’re ready to take to the mic, enjoy the top-notch karaoke equipment as well as a wide selection of songs in various languages.
Block B #02-03. Tel: 6338 6659
- FABULOUS 6: From 2 to 7pm daily (last check-in 5pm), enjoy $6/hour/pax plus
- 1-for-1 drinks and beers (excludes wines and spirits)
- 1 free drink when you book 2 hours, or
- 1 free drink and 1 free snack when you book 3 hours
- More daily offers on their website